Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bag it all !!

Ok…so the shopaholic side of me is writing this blog ( dun call me a bimbo after reading this blog)

I suffer from a split personality and this personality is split into various parts.
I dunno if I know all of ‘em but to name a few
Mad
Hungary
Reserved
Shopaholic
Pensive

My boss at work thinks that she is the final authority to fashion !! (huh..shes livin in world of illusion). Well her clothes are nice but they are not branded. She thinks spending on a brand is a waste as one cannot see the labels !!
She mentioned that someone recently gifted her a LV monogram bag and its too precious for her to use. ( Well can she afford one from her own money ?)
So the topics of bags started.

I the past 2 weeks I hv been to the Dior store twice and thrice to the LV store.
I am aware that the price u pay for the merchandise is actually the price of the brand value, not the price of the raw materials or the manufacturing cost of the bag

For all of u, who can discuss bags for over an hour (just as a passion!) will know that the LV monogram bags are actually coated canvas bags and only the handle is made of real leather.
These canvas bags range from Rs 29,000 – 90,000
On the other hand, the real leather bags start from Rs50,000 and upwards

So I told her that patent leather is really in and Fendi is doing some nice patent leather belts.
She says, “ Well, spending on a belt is a waste , at least when u buy a bag u know it’s a leather bag “
Me, “The LV monogram bags r not leather, they canvas”
She, “ Canvas is cloth, I know what canvas feels like”
Me, “ Its coated canvas “
She , “ How can a bag be so expensive and not be leather, u have wrong information”
Me, “ No, I am right, u can call LV to find out”
She, “ I don’t need to call, I know, maybe u shud call, u need to get ur facts right”
I was actually cursing her under my breath !!
Me , “ I know, the leather bags are much more expensive that the canvas bags. Infact the denim bags r higher than the monogram bags and denim is cloth “
She, “ Well the monogram bag is leather”
I just walked away !!!
THIS IS THE PRICE I PAY FOR KNOWING THE CORRECT INFO.
I KNOW MY STUFF, YET SHE THOUGHT I WAS DUMB !!CAN I HAVE A GUN PLEASE…………………..

6 comments:

Zee said...

jainy.......u do sound bimbo! i don't know the diff between dior and whatever the hell LV is and i quite like ur boss's philosophy about no one can see labels!!!!
hehehehe i know you're going to kill me man!!! hehehehe!
anyway, "hungary" kya?

Theorist said...

Zee....refer to my previous blog , u'll know where i'm comin frm :)

And with ur comment, I think I'll need 2 bullets in the gun

Zee said...

muah jainy!!! we still luv u despite ur psycho ways! :)

Theorist said...

wow...u can actually spell psycho ..lucky girl

Still Searching said...

Hmmm.. I dont even bother with whether its leather or not, coz its way outta my range... actually I agree with Zee, that your boss makes sense! When you cant see it, whats the point?! :))

Theorist said...

Well..all the efforts of the maketing gurus to create a brand image r goin waste ..

I think i'm gonna support 'em ;)