Sunday, May 20, 2007

So, what r ur hobbies ?

I find it really funny when people ask me, “So what r ur hobbies ?”
I just act dumb and pretend that I did not understand a single word, thinking that they would move on to the next question.
Hell..it never works out !!
So these typical inquisitive people then decide to elaborate and ask as follows:

OPTION # 1
, “So u like reading ?” Me… “NO”
For people who know me, I have never touched books after school and I hate entering a bookshop. A book shop always has a typical smell of paper/books which gives me a headache and there is no medicine to cure it.

OPTION # 2
After a big NO for reading next question is , “Are you into sports ?”. Me.. “NO”
Wrong question again !! I have never even tried to hold a bat or throw a ball in a basket.
Yes there is a sport which I was inclined towards and i.e. Shooting.
Given my temper I decided to keep my aspirations to myself or India would be Australia with reference to population.

OPTION # 3
Ok…so no reading and no sports..so its gotta be Music. “Do u play any instrument, like a piano , guitar, tabla , sitar ? “ Me.. “No”
The thing is that I believe in team work. One instrument alone cannot help make good music.
So…mei sirf logon ka BAND bajati hoon .

OPTION # 4
Ok..so after 3 NO’s this lovely interview panel is dying to hear a YES. So they ask me a question where the answer of any girl my age would be YES
“Do u like dancing ?” Me.. “NO”
Well the truth is that I don’t like to dance and whenever I have, I have been forced into it.

So I make the people who asked me all these questions realize that I am quite useless and good for nothing.

I don’t know why these people have never asked me if I cook or if I like cooking.
They would get a decent answer to that one or they could also ask me if I can paint…..so that I could have a chance to talk about something . (Ok so this does not mean that I paint but I used to and now I have no time)

Well the true answer to my hobby is that I LOVE SHOPPING and I take this hobby very passionately !!
I wonder how people would react if I actually mention my true hobby to them. Firstly, they gotta believe that shopping too can be a hobby.
Secondly, if someone has only 1 hobby, it does not mean that he or she is mentally or athletically challenged.


As per the dictionary the meaning of hobby is “an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation”
Therefore it is proved that SHOPPING is a hobby !!

CHEERS TO ALL SHOPAHOLICS !!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well.. today was sure a perfect example of you being nauseous ..you face went pale.. n i thought for a minute that you might jus collapse.. lol!!!! so ppl do not take jainy to the bookstore ever!!!!
Sports - well u forgot to mention teen patti.. lol.. thanks to me you keep improving every year..!!!!
Dancing.. hmmm.. welll.. well.......
But when it comes to shopping ....yippeee jainy we rule!!!!!!

Unknown said...

by the way... who's been asking you questions on your hobbiess...??

Zee said...

i can't quite relate to this post coz
a. i do read
b. i do watch cricket
c. i have learnt the guitar...2 full classes!
d. i luv dancing
and e. i HATE shopping!

but congrats on finally using the dictionary! i'm sure u've never seen one and even this one has been chepoed from the net

and stop lying about having touched a book in school....!!

Theorist said...

GHAREEN... I did not use a dictionary..god kasam !! But i'm glad that u did not find any mistakes.

What the **** do u mean by chepod frm the net ?

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here physicthoughts.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research displays that nearly 50% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.